Saturday, March 24, 2007

Goals Weeks 7 & 8

I haven't made much progress since we started. I was starting to feel desperate last week and I was thinking about getting some diet pills, or starting a crash diet, or fasting. I know in my heart that none of these things really work long term, so I decided to get down to the science of weight loss.
I know 3 things for sure:
1. If you burn more calories than you eat, you have to lose weight.
2. If you write down what you eat, you tend to eat less.
3. Planning ahead makes all the difference in the world

These are going to be our goals for exercise and food for the next couple of weeks, become more aware of what you are eating, plan your exercise, and burn some calories. Also, I want you to start thinking about your goals and dreams. What do you want to do in your lifetime?

Emotional Goal: Write down 100 things you want to do over your lifetime. This is a brainstorming exercise to get you thinking about what is important to you and the first step in setting goals for yourself. You can sit down and brainstorm with your family, I didn't think I could come up with 100, but I sat down and in 10 minutes I already had 30 things. Here's a link to someones list that I found, it's kind of funny, and it can give you some ideas. http://www.angelfire.com/me2/newsiesrule/lifegoals.html

Food Goal: Journal everything you eat for the next two weeks and record it in your blog.

Exercise Goal: Write down every activity you are planning to do this week and the amount of time you will spend doing it. Write down everything from grocery shopping to aerobics, then look up how many calories you're going to burn in the activity calculator. You can find it in the homework links. You can look at my blog to see how to do this. The goal is to burn 3500 calories this week and again next week. That will guarantee you a 2lb weight loss without changing what you eat! If you do both you can lose about 5 lbs.