Monday, February 05, 2007

Homework and Goals - Week 2

Hey Ladies!

I hope your first week went well. This week we are going to work on "Right Thinking", bump up the exercise a bit, and start drinking some water. I don't know about you guys, but as soon as I stopped emotionally eating, all kinds of emotions starting popping up on me. I even had a migraine for a couple of days. Food can act just like a drug and numb pain, frustration, stress, and any other emotion. I think that most overeating starts in the mind, so we are going to use Dr. Phil's 7 keys to weight loss to give us some tools to deal with whatever comes up. I've also started including a quote and scripture for the week. It gives me a weapon of sorts to drive out the faulty thinking. I hope you can use them too! Also, I've included another link "The Worth of a Woman", it's not homework, just something to read and put you in the right frame of mind. Take Care and Have a Great Week!!!

Goals -
1. Emotional Goal - Read "Do You Have Faulty Thinking?" link on the main page of the blog in the homework links. Determine which kinds of faulty thinking have kept you from any goal and challenge that thinking by writing down the real truth.
Example: All or Nothing Thinking - I just went over my weight watcher points, so I might as well eat the rest of the ice cream, then I can start fresh tomorrow. Truth - I wouldn't even gain a pound with one slip up, it's the "night before the diet" mentality that's causing problems.

2. Food Goal - Read "Why Drink Water?" link. Write down a reason you should drink more water. Start replacing your usual drink with water and work your way up to 64oz a day. Make sure your never too far from a bathroom :)

3. Exercise Goal - Do at least 75 minutes of any exercise of your choice over the course of the week. If you are just starting out, go as long as you can and try to add a minute each time you exercise.