Here's the low down...
We are going to have a contest similar to the TV show "The Biggest Loser". There will be a Grand Prize for the person who loses the biggest percentage of body weight, and smaller prizes for whoever lost the most at each weigh-in. The contest will last 6 weeks, and there will be a $25 entry fee, all going toward prizes that will be awarded at each weigh-in. The weigh-in will be every two weeks at my house.
The first weigh-in will be Friday, January 26th. You can come by my house anytime between 9a - 9p on Friday. I will call everyone the night before to see what time you want to weigh-in. I'm going to take pictures , so we can record the progress. Also, bring a goal outfit to the first weigh-in. I will post the percent each person has lost on each weigh-in day.
If you are interested in joining the competition, or know anyone who is trying to lose weight, email me at biggestloseramarillo@hotmail.com. You are still welcome to join the blog, if you just need some support and accountability, and not interested in the competition.
To stay in the competition you have to post to the blog at least once a week, or let me know that you will not be posting that week. We will only weigh in 4 times during the contest, so you can only miss one weigh in and still be eligible for the Grand Prize.
This blog will have little homework assignments to complete each week, usually a motivational test or website to view. I will also post an emotional, food, and exercise goal for each week. You can set up your own blog to journal your assignments, struggles, and accomplishments for the week. If you don't know how to use a blog (it's similar to "My Space"), I can set one up for you and email you a link to it.
See you soon!
Jennifer